New York State Licensed Massage Therapist (2001-current)
Private Practice, Ithaca, NY (2001-present)
- Provide deep tissue, sports massage to a variety of athletes including Olympians, Ironmen, professional triathletes, National Track & Field Champions, IFBB professional bodybuilders, Squash World Champions, NFL athletes and members of the Finger Lakes Running and Ithaca Triathlon Clubs.
- Aided in the post-surgical rehabilitation for Master’s 1500 National Champion during lumbar surgery recovery and for USA Open Swim Olympian during the recovery from rotator cuff shoulder surgery.
- Delivered specialized on-site massage for athletes participating in the 2014-2019 Finger Lakes 50, 2016-2019 Gorges Half-Marathon, 2012-2017 Catharine Valley Half-Marathon, 2013-2017 Cayuga Trails 50, 2014-2016 Virgil Crest Ultras, 2015 Cayuga Lake Triathlon, and the 2012-2014 IRONMAN Lake Placid.
- Prepared for competition and rehabbed NCAA National Champions and All-American athletes as massage therapist for the Cornell University Men’s and Women’s Tennis Teams (2017-2019), Cornell University Women’s Hockey Team (2015-2016), Cornell University Men’s and Women’s Track & Field Teams (2002-2010). Played an integral role in the Cornell University Men’s and Women’s Track & Field Teams winning eight Ivy League Heptagonal Outdoor Championships (2002-10) and seven Ivy League Heptagonal Indoor Championships (2002-08, 2010).
- Assist in client recovery from injuries including: torn Achilles tendon, plantar fasciitis, sciatica, bulging disks, hamstring tendinopathy, rotator-cuff rehabilitation, and lymphedema post-mastectomy. In conjunction with client’s neurosurgeon, gave in-hospital care to a patient experiencing post-surgical complications.
- Volunteer Massage Therapist for the Ithaca Free Clinic (2007), Greater Ithaca Activities Center (2003), and Red Cross 24-hour Dance Marathon (2002-03).
Salon 100, Fayetteville, NY (2007-2010)
Headquarters Salon, Syracuse, NY (2004-06)
Courtside Racquet & Fitness/Bodyworks, Ithaca, NY (2001-05)
Cortland Care Center Geriatric Ward, Cortland, NY (2003-05)
Healing Hands Massage Therapy, Cortland, NY (2003-05)
Adjunct Sports Massage Therapy Instructor, Cornell University Physical Education Department, Ithaca, NY (2004-07)
- Introduced students to massage therapy benefits and techniques, and taught workshop about touch awareness, palpation skills, and modalities.
Lansing Residential Advisory Board, Lansing, NY (2012-2015)
Ithaca College Charitable Giving Vendor, Ithaca, NY (2003-2012)
Finger Lakes School of Massage, Certification in Massage Therapy, Ithaca, NY (1999-2000)